[vdr] Problem: VDR seems to change the channel after long time viewing via VLC over xineliboutput

Kai Kronschnabel k.kronschnabel at csw24.de
Wed Jul 8 12:35:30 CEST 2009

Hy experts,

Core2Duo, same on Atom 330, 2GB, all new, OnBoard Intel VGA, same with
ext. nvidia 8400 or 9600 (this is not the problem)
VDR 1.7.8, Technisat Skystart HD2, s2-liplianin, xineliboutput
Debian 5 2.6.26-2-686 i686
No local frontend, stream only to VLC 0.9.9 on Windows-Vista

After running the VLC client for about 5 to 8 hours the picture freeze
and after restart VLC is runs only seconds.
If I start vdr from the commandline this happends after the message "now
tuned to source ... transponder ..."
It seems to me that after some hours VDR forgotts that there is a client
that need the channel exclusive.
"now tuned to source ... transponder ..." is not seen after the first
hours running vdr, except I manually change a channel via SVDRP. I have
to restart VDR to get a usable system back for some hours.

Am I right here?