[vdr] SKY and VDR

Morfsta morfsta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 16:56:31 CEST 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 1:02 PM, Alex Fazzari<alex.fazzari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> What I'd like to do is get the stream straight to disk, preferably
> including HD streams. Can I do this using a DVB-S card and a dragon
> (or similar) cam with VDR?

Alex,

Encryption chat is off topic for this mailing list and let's keep the
solution legal.

All of that is feasibly possible, assuming a dragon cam supports the
version of NDS encryption used in NZ. Though with a dragon cam you'll
need to transfer your original viewing card to an official box for
updates every month. Alternatively you could use a softcam and phoenix
card reader alongside your original viewing card which will handle the
monthly updates for you.

For HD you'll need a later version of VDR that support DVB-S2 (if used
in NZ) and H264.

I recommend that you visit the DVBN forums which has a lot more
information about what you are trying to achieve and would be the best
place to ask questions on the subject.

Regards,

Morfsta