[vdr] Any really working HD video output systems for VDR?

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Fri Jun 5 11:17:54 CEST 2009

> I think it would also help if we could reach an agreement
> over the terms "stable" and "good quality" and "everything
> is working" because they are highly subjective.

For me I'd add a class; "Set-top-box quality"

It would mean that no judder and studder on HD-quality. With VDPAU
the problem still might be "50Hz vs 50.02Hz" -thing so you cannot get
frame accurate display. With every 5 seconds you might have duplicated
display of frame or dropped frame. This is not acceptable by my
standards. Typically "Set-top-boxes" can display frame accurate.

You can easily look your own modeline and dump it to a timings analyzator.
http://www.tkk.fi/Misc/Electronics/faq/vga2rgb/calc.html