[vdr] Wrong OSD values in setup.conf (was: Re: vdr-xine-0.9.2 - ERROR: cOsd::SetAreas returned 5)

Klaus Schmidinger Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de
Sat Jun 13 11:22:22 CEST 2009

On 06/10/09 07:46, Andreas Mair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> check your setup.conf. Mine has invalid sizes:
> FontFix = Courier:Bold
> FontFixSize = 0
> FontFixSizeP = 0,000000
> FontOsd = VDRSymbols Sans:Bold
> FontOsdSize = 0
> FontOsdSizeP = 0,000000
> FontSml = VDRSymbols Sans:Book
> FontSmlSize = 0
> FontSmlSizeP = 0,000000
> OSDHeight = 0
> OSDHeightP = 0,000000
> OSDLanguage = de_DE
> OSDLeft = 0
> OSDLeftP = 0,000000
> OSDTop = 0
> OSDTopP = 0,000000
> OSDWidth = 0
> OSDWidthP = 0,000000
>
> As you can see they are are all "0". I don't know how that could
> happen, but I already had that on two VDR instances. Both upgraded
> from VDR 1.6.0.
> After setting them once in VDR 1.7 they are fine.

Note the ',' (comma) used as the decimal separator in the numbers.
Some locales have this odd idea of using a comma as the decimal
separator instead of the '.' (dot). This causes trouble whenever
data is exchanged between different locales :-(

Since version 1.7.5

  setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

is done to fix this.

I'll also add some code that sets these percentages to reasonable
default values in case the come in as zero.

Klaus