[vdr] What about vdr-1.6.1?

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gentoo.org
Tue Jun 16 12:02:59 CEST 2009

On Dienstag, 16. Juni 2009, Joachim Welker wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
> I see you are very busy in developing the new vdr-1.7.* (thanks for your
> great work !). But what about stable vdr-1.6.0? You released two patches
> which should result in version vdr-1.6.1. AFAIR there were no complaints
> about these patches, so I think it's save to release vdr-1.6.1 in order to
> rule off the last stable version.

Well, if the goal is to release a vdr-1.6.1 version,
I suggest to first collect further patches needed to compile it on recent
systems:
* compiling with gcc-4.4 and glibc-2.10: fixing some variable const issues and
some other warnings
* compiling against linux-headers with s2api (api version 5)

The gentoo versions of these patches are attached.
The gcc-4.4 patch is based on Ludwig Nussels version plus improvments of
Klaus. The last const_cast is replaced by using the fileName member of
cRecording as cRecordings is a friend class.

I don't know if more fixes are floating around that need to be applied.

Regards
Matthias