[vdr] vdr 1.7.4 & xineliboutput

Artem Makhutov artem at makhutov.org
Sun Mar 8 13:32:32 CET 2009

Hello,

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 11:10:26AM +0200, Mika Laitio wrote:
> > did you check it with dvb-s2 h264 hdtv channels too ?
> >
> At least arte worked for me about 1 or 2 week ago released xineliboutput
> cvs version. I however noticed it to be a little unstable in my system.
> (crashed much easier than 1.0.4 with 1.6.0)

The SD channels are working fine for me, but I have issues with the HD channels (audio and video).
It looks like there is a problem with the buffers or so.

So for HD channels I record them to the harddisk and then use xine to playback the recorded file.

I have also to increase some buffers in ~/.xine/config otherwise I had problems with the audio on ArteHD:

engine.buffers.audio_num_buffers:500
engine.buffers.video_num_buffers:1000

Regards, Artem