[vdr] 1.7.x vs 1.6.x vs 1.4.x

Mike Lampard mike at secnet.net.au
Wed Mar 11 12:28:44 CET 2009

Hi All,

First off, I'd like to thank Klaus for his excellent work in VDR - it really is
the best DVB software around, and I've been using it for years.

I'm currently using 1.4.7, it works beautifully.  I've tried upgrading to 1.6
but my Irdeto CAM keeps timing out and no amount of tweaking of the various
timeout defines seems to improve matters: one channel switch works, the next
doesn't, switch back it works, switch back to the same channel no go..

Has there been any substantial work to 1.7.x in regards to CAM handling that
might prove a worthwhile upgrade for my case?

Mike