[vdr] Where do you live and what kind of broadcast do you receive?

Iwan Davies iwan.davies at translutions.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 14:32:40 CET 2009

On Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:21:03 +0200, Petri Helin wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have wondered for some time how broad has VDR spread and how is it
> really used.

Country: UK (Scotland)
Transmission: DVB-S (Astra 28.2, Astra 19.2, Hotbird 13.0), DVB-T (Angus
Tx)
Encoding: DVB-T: MPEG2 for 10s of SD channels, DVB-S: MPEG2 for 100s of SD
channels and H.264 for HD (1 channel)
Hardware: receiver system with VDR 1.6.0 has 1xDVB-S 1.3 FF card, 1xDVB-S
budget, 1xDVB-T budget; secondary system running VDR 1.6.0 with
streamdev-client + xineliboutput; 1xHauppage MVP running VOMP client; HD
only watchable via streamdev to my Windows workstation in my office (the
only PC in the house that is powerful enough to decode HD).