[vdr] power consumption, powertop and wakups per second with a af9015 device, vp7045, and various plugins

Heinrich Langos henrik-vdr at prak.org
Mon Mar 23 13:01:22 CET 2009

On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 01:43:50PM +0200, Antti Palosaari wrote:
> moi!
> Martin Emrich wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > Antti Palosaari schrieb:
> >
> >> All AF9015 devices supports PID-filtering by HW. And both Windows and
> >> Linux driver supports also.
> >
> > Interesting. How do I enable the HW PID filter? I have an old STB (Cyrix
> > MediaGX 300MHz) that has only USB 1.1.

Great news indeed. I have some old 233Mhz Geode systems with two 100mBit
ethernet and two USB1.1 ports. I used one of those as samba server (and
mp3 player via usb soundcard) before swithing to my current
old-notebook-hidden-on-top-shelf setup.

> Just plug stick to the USB1.1 port and it will be enabled automatically
> (unless you use very old version of the driver).
> I want to see message.log entries in error case.

How about a module option to force usage of the PID filter?
Should be easy to add if the code for enabling it on demand is aready