[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-webvideo 0.1.4

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Tue May 5 20:07:02 CEST 2009

Antti Ajanki wrote:
> New version of the Webvideo plugin is available at
> http://users.tkk.fi/~aajanki/vdr/webvideo/

Hi Antti,

since it sounded such a nice plugin I decided to give it a try, but am
still trying, because the installation it not what someone might call
simple :) First of all, it installs the binaries under /usr/local/bin,
but then it uses a hardcoded path of /usr/bin in several places.
Secondly, it's incompatible with python 2.6, which I believe is the
default version with recent distributions. Thirdly, it brings down the
whole VDR if it cannot connect to the daemon. But, as I said, it sounded
like a nice plugin so I am still working to get it running.

-Petri