[vdr] Can I disable pause live tv altogher?

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Thu May 7 20:38:56 CEST 2009

Frank Scherthan kirjoitti:
> Hi there :)
>
> martinez at embl.de schrieb:
>
>> Well, keeping the remote control away from my kids is not easy unless I han
>> g it
>> from the ceiling.
>>
>> Is there some way I can disable live tv pausing all together?
>>
>> It is causing a lot of trouble and I don´t reallly need that feature...
>>

> I really don't understand the whole discussion that is going on here.
>
> This behavior is intented.
> Pressing "pause" in Live-View starts a recording and pauses it. This is
> a great feature and I really would miss that!

Yes - that is great.  But...

I'd be pleased, if there would be some kind of a caretaking, so that the
"pause-live-tv" recording would just disappear after returning to other
modes of operation.  I think it would not break anything for the user,
since you can always use the specific recording button in the menu to
create an actual recording.

yours,
       Jouni