[vdr] any way to highlight available channels only??

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Thu May 7 22:30:45 CEST 2009

Is there a plug-in or mechanism anyone's found to highlight the channels
that are available for viewing or recording?

My family complain that when some channel(s) are recording and try to switch
channel they get "CHANNEL NOT AVAILABLE" and would like to be able to see
from the channel list which channels can be viewed before they try and

Even though my VDR setup has 2x tuner cards, my provider sends channels on 8
transponders and sometimes I'm recording 2 channels on different
transponders which really limits what can be viewed.

Any ideas?