[vdr] Can I disable pause live tv altogher?

Andrew Herron totallymaxed at gmail.com
Sat May 9 15:41:56 CEST 2009

My view is that it should behave as on other PVR's where if you change
channel then the 'paused live recording' should be deleted. People are used
to this behaviour. Pressing 'Stop' while in the live recording would take
you back to 'Live' viewing. At anytime when you want to keep the current
Live recording the user could just simply press 'Record' on the remote and
this would add the recording to the 'Recordings' menu and therefore saving
it for later viewing.

Again many PVR's work in a similar way to this and it would have very big
WAF ;-)

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM, Klaus Schmidinger <
Klaus.Schmidinger at cadsoft.de> wrote:

> On 05/09/09 12:30, Gerald Dachs wrote:
> > Am Sat, 09 May 2009 10:33:58 +0300
> > schrieb Jouni Karvo <Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi>:
> >
> >> No, I meant deleting automatically the pause-live-TV "recording".
> >> That recording is conceptually just a technical implementation issue
> >> (and should not be visible in the recordings list, even, in my
> >> opinion).  The end user needs not care for the object structure of
> >> VDR source code, and the implementation of pause-live-TV is in the
> >> same category.
> >
> > This is the first good idea in this thread.
>
> It also raises several questions:
>
> - When should such a recording be deleted?
>  If it gets deleted as soon as replay is stopped, you'll be very surprised
>  when you (or your kids ;-) inadvertently press Stop, and you can't resume
>  replay.
>  If it gets deleted after a certain timeout, you'll probably turn this off
>  once you lost such a recording for the first time, because something
>  came up that kept you from finishing viewing it in time.
>
> - How to handle such a recording if it's not in the list of recordings?
>  Maybe you find the recording to be so interesting that you want to
>  keep it - no chance if it doesn't appear in the list.
>
> I'd prefer to keep things simple...
>
> Klaus

Convergent Home Technologies Ltd
www.dianemo.co.uk