[vdr] Can I disable pause live tv altogher?

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat May 9 22:04:04 CEST 2009

On 08.05.2009 01:17, Andrew Herron wrote:
> I agree it must put extra wear & stress on the hard drive and yes the
> energy usage must be higher.

I don't think so. Disks don't wear that much by reading and writing.
Spinning up and down, heating up and cooling down, shaking them, do lots
of seek operations, thats wearing a hard disk much more. (Flash disks
are different.)

OTOH, 4GB of RAM isn't very expensive any more, and should be enough for
roughly 1h of HDTV with good quality (~9mbit), or?

Cheers,

Udo