[vdr] Can I disable pause live tv altogher?

Rene linuxtv at hertell.com
Mon May 11 18:50:22 CEST 2009

martinez at embl.de wrote:
> Well, keeping the remote control away from my kids is not easy unless I han
> g it
> from the ceiling.
>
> Is there some way I can disable live tv pausing all together?
>
> It is causing a lot of trouble and I don´t reallly need that feature...

I reply direct to the original message, cause there's a lot of opinions
down the thread..

If your use your remote over Lirc, then why you don't program a own
remote for your kids? Get a cheap remote, for example a remote you get
with boxed dvb-cards. Program that remote to use only those buttons you
want your kids to use, and give that remote to your kids.

This way you can stick to your own remote, and keep it away from your
small terrorists :-)

my 5 euro-cents

René