[vdr] [OT] NVidia ION mini-ITX arriving

Magnus Hörlin magnus at alefors.se
Sat May 16 12:55:42 CEST 2009

Goga777 wrote:
> Приветствую, Magnus
>
> how much does it ?
>

>> I couldn't wait for a mini-ITX so I ordered a
>> http://www.nordichardware.com/news,9180.html
>> last week. It's arriving tomorrow and it will be very interesting to see if
>> it work as well as my 9400-based uATX does.
>> /Magnus

Well, my first imressions of the ION platform (Acer Revo) are very good.
It does the vdpau deinterlacing without problems and so far the video
decoding has not exceeded 1% cpu load for ANY 1080p clip I've tried.
This is the best VDR frontend/XBMC machine I've ever tried. I don't know
why, but it works better than my Intel E7200/Nvidia 9400 uATX board. For
those interested it uses 34W from 220V with the hdd still attached. I
don't know if it's using any power though, since I've disabled SATA in
the bios because I boot it off the network. Anyone who knows how to open
this wonderful little thing?
/Magnus H