[vdr] [OT] NVidia ION mini-ITX arriving

Magnus Hörlin magnus at alefors.se
Sat May 16 14:47:36 CEST 2009

Nicolas Huillard wrote:
> Magnus Hörlin a écrit :
>
>> Well, my first imressions of the ION platform (Acer Revo) are very good.
>> It does the vdpau deinterlacing without problems and so far the video
>> decoding has not exceeded 1% cpu load for ANY 1080p clip I've tried.
>> This is the best VDR frontend/XBMC machine I've ever tried. I don't know
>> why, but it works better than my Intel E7200/Nvidia 9400 uATX board. For
>> those interested it uses 34W from 220V with the hdd still attached. I
>> don't know if it's using any power though, since I've disabled SATA in
>> the bios because I boot it off the network. Anyone who knows how to open
>> this wonderful little thing?
>>

> Thanks for the feedback.
>
> Knowing that my EPIA ML6000 draws 25W from the wall (no HDD at all)
> while hardware-decoding MPEG2, using the same kind of power brick, I'd
> say decoding 1080p with 34W is great !
> I guess the HDD will still spin, even with SATA disabled at the BIOS.
> You could rip 2 more watts off by unpluging it.
>
> Openning it :
> http://hothardware.com/Articles/Acer-Aspire-Revo-SFF-NVIDIA-Ion-PC/?page=3
>
> Does digital sound come out of the box on HDMI only ? No SPDIF of some
> kind ?

Thanks a lot for the link. Will open it as soon as my daughter has
finished watching "High school musical". aplay -l shows no sign of a
digital output other than hdmi which is a bit odd. I thought there would
be a header on the mb at least but I guess not. For the moment I'm happy
with hdmi.
/Magnus H