[vdr] What is the best linux distribution for VDR?

Fabio Bordin fabio.bordin.81 at gmail.com
Fri May 22 09:29:04 CEST 2009

Last week arrived to me new hard disk I ordered so I reinstalled  my os.

My goal is to have a updated linux system which let me see vdr throw
xineliboutput or xine.
I have a Skystar 1 and a Hauppauge HVR4000.

I did many tests without any success:
- Debian Sid 64    (problem with alsa and remote)
- Archlinux 64      (problem with remote and no image throw xineliboutput)
- Sidux 32            (problem with remote and no image throw xineliboutput)

I tried vdr version 1.7.0 and 1.7.7 with s2api driver.

I think my main problem is evdev and xorg: evdev let every device under
/dev/input/event* input in X: this mean that remote controlled by
HVR4000's ir can input directly to X.
Someone knows how to tell evdev to skip a particular /dev/input/event* ?
or how to disable evdev?