[vdr] xineplayer uncontrolable...

Peter zelts at ruksis.com
Sun May 24 15:46:51 CEST 2009

You can work around this and continue to use regular mplayer if vdr runs inside X session. I just used to start background xterm instance in my xinitrc and invoke vdr in it. Obviously such approach wont work if your vdr runs on another machine and frontend connects via network.

Alternatively just use xineliboutput. Latest CVS versions work fine.