[vdr] strange issue with DVB-S2 and VDPAU

Füley István aironet at tigercomp.ro
Mon Nov 9 10:23:52 CET 2009

Hello list,

After 4 yeras of SD-VDR I tried to move to HD with my VDR box.

Current hardware:
Asus M3N78-VM with GF9400
Athlon BE2350
TT3200 DVB-S2

Ubuntu 9.04 x86
S2API drivers from linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb hg
xine-ui cvs
plain vdr-1.7.9

I'm mainly focused on S9.0E source, because I have a Conax subscription
for Hello HD package (http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/hello.html)

After the first install and some finetunings, FTA HD channels (M2HD, Luxe
HD) worked well, but I had broken image on Hello HD channels (on SD and HD
as well, all of them are in DVB-S2 Mpeg4), and log was full with TS
continuity error. My channels list was generated with w_scan. After a
while I realized that if I let vdr to update my channel.conf, all the
channels are working fine.
And then came the disaster. Ubuntu said that 9.10 is available, and I
to upgrade. After the upgrade I had no sound at all on my system. As I
saw, many others had this problem with Ubuntu 9.10. After a day and a half
I managed to fix the sound (compiling alsa, etc), but the "TS continuity
error" came back on vdr.
Since then I tried everything, I reinstalled the dvb drivers, xine-lib,
xine-ui, I tried vdr-xine plugin and xineliboutput also, but no luck: i
have broken image on Hello HD package.
I also tried to make some records from those channels without any output
plugin, and I end up with 0 sized recordings (on other channels
recordings are fine), so IMHO this has nothing to do with xine.
I'm suspecting two things:
1. DVB drivers.
2. Incorrect channels.conf

Reinstalling dvb drivers from liplianin did not help, nor various

One more detail: I have a Kathrein UFS-910 linux receiver. I have two
systems on that: the original firmware and Enigma2. If I try my Conax card
in the Kathy, everything works well under E2, but in the original firmware
I had the same broken image issue as with VDR.

As I am stuck with this for more than a day, any help or any ideas are

believed to be clean.