[vdr] Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Nov 14 13:17:09 CET 2009

Hello,

Now that I have an hd tv set, I'm looking at revamping my ageing vdr
system for hd.
Oh, and I want it to be really cheap ;-)
It seems that the only reasonable option is a motherboard/graphic card
supported by nvidia vdpau.
I need a parallel port and a pci slot (I want to use my current dvb-s
card), so the revo and similar nettops are out.
The asus P5N7A-VM motherboard seems a good candidate, is its integrated
  9300 graphics powerful enough for good deinterlacing?
According to this page
  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/VDPAU
the only limitation is that it cannot do Advanced 2x for HD content,
everything else is covered (I'm currently using temporal on my laptop
and, while acceptable, it doesn't seem top-notch).
Or should I better buy a cheap motherboard and add an external nvidia
graphic card?

Any suggestion?

Bye
--