[vdr] Recommendation for new hd vdr system.

Seppo Ingalsuo seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi
Sun Nov 15 11:41:52 CET 2009

On Sun, 2009-11-15 at 09:49 +0100, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Well, considering that I cannot find a way to get audio through hdmi
> with my laptop and I couldn't get much help on the alsa-users mailing
> list (as couldn't another folk with the same laptop 5 months ago), I am
> worried.

I'm waiting for a 7.1ch PCM audio over HDMI capable PCI-E graphics card.
Currently Nvidia does great job with VDPAU video but SPDIF pass-trough
limited audio is a disappointment. There is working 7.1ch PCM audio in
Linux with AMD and Intel graphics but video acceleration is not usable.

My cheap 8400GS that I bought about years ago looks still like a good
solution (plus SPDIF from mobo) :^(

BR,
Seppo