[vdr] deinterlacing VDR-HD on xine?

Torgeir Veimo torgeir at netenviron.com
Tue Nov 24 11:44:21 CET 2009

2009/11/24 Theunis Potgieter <theunis.potgieter at gmail.com>:
> 2009/11/24 Füley István <aironet at tigercomp.ro>:
>> Is this issue coming from my hardware's limitations (not enough CPU or GPU
>> power), or is there any more things to fine-tune?

> Derek/VDR User uses xine as his vdr plugin and he uses vdpau, perhaps
> you should not use a software de-interlacer/post plugin, but rather
> tell vdpau to enable de-interlacing. on xineliboutput I use the tvtime
> output plugin, where I tell it to use my video output driver's
> de-interlacer.

try --post tvtime:method=use_vo_driver

and in your .xine/config

# vdpau: HD deinterlace method
# { bob  half temporal  half temporal_spatial  temporal
temporal_spatial }, default: 3
video.output.vdpau_deinterlace_method:temporal

Or whichever method you'd like to try. Not all hardware supports
temporal_spatial.

--
-Tor