[vdr] vdr-xine 0.9.3 audio problems

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sat Oct 3 21:52:49 CEST 2009

>> Any suggestions on this??
>
> Please tell vdr-xine settings regarding buffering and try to
> change the buffer settings in .xine/config to huge values as
> mentioned in MANUAL.

Hi

I've been playing around with these values and have discovered the following
(I only have SD channels - none HD) when replaying recordings.

Setting engine.buffers.audio_num_buffers to 2300 (10x default) does help
with the skips in audio - where under the default value (230) I
intermittantly get 2-3 second jumps in audio.

#engine.buffers.video_num_buffers is left at the default of 500.  If I set
this any higher, fast forwarding or rewinding causes the video to jump about
90 seconds.

engine.buffers.video_num_frames (default 15) I've had to set to 60.
Anything less than this seems to make the video jump 2-3 seconds, in line
with the audio_num_buffers described above.  With this set to 60, there's no
lost audio but video/audio still gets out of sync, and it gets worse and
worse for 20 seconds then the audio stops and the video catches up.  Also
with anything <60, I get PPPPPPPP on the vdr console when replaying
recordings.

My question is - this version of vdr-xine, and every version since 0.8.1,
gives me these audio and video problems.  Under version 0.8.0 I have none of
these problems at all.  The only reason I'm trying to upgrade is because
0.8.0 is now so old.

Any ideas??