[vdr] FF/RW problems with xine

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Fri Oct 9 20:57:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Timothy D. Lenz schrieb:

> With some recordings FF/RW doesn't work correctly. The video/audio stops and when you hit play again, it has moved to the new a new
> location. Some recordings work, some don't. May have to do with some channels use 720p and others use 1080i

You had provided me a sample recording for a different issue. But
that recording shows that the index entries for I frames are off
by 1 TS packet most of the time. That's why FF/RW don't work
properly as only I frames get transferred to the output device in
that case. And with the first TS packet missing, the I frames
cannot get decoded.

I reported that issue to Klaus but -- to keep it simple -- he
expects a patch to fix this issue.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl