[vdr] Setup more than 4 tuners to the same satellite

Theunis Potgieter theunis.potgieter at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 10:28:29 CEST 2009

I currently have a twin LNB on a single dish. I have read through some
old threads but could not find what I was looking for. I need some
advice on how to setup more than 4 tuners ( example 6 ) to see the
same satellite with the same dish. I can only change the LNB and add
cables and/or multiswitch/diseq.

I did read http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Sat_antenna

But I'm still not sure what I should get

Should I get a 8x8 LNB ( http://www.ellies.co.za/index.php?id=548 )
and each card plugs in directly to this LNB?

Or do I need to get a Quad LNB (
http://www.ellies.co.za/index.php?id=547 ) and add to that a
multiswitch/diseq type ( http://www.ellies.co.za/index.php?id=795 ) ?

Or should I keep my existing TwinLNB and simply add this
http://www.ellies.co.za/index.php?id=796 ?

Thanks for any advice in advance.
Theunis