[vdr] Plugin compiler arguments / Make.config

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Oct 28 20:44:04 CET 2009

On 28.10.2009 09:01, Andreas Mair wrote:
> I wonder why no other plugin authors shared there opinion and how they
> fix it. As I understand it every plugin must be changed whenever VDR
> introduces changes in that area and if the VDR compiling user doesn't
> use (and adopt)  Make.config.

I guess this one got lost in the summer break...

My preferred solution to this would be if all plugins would include some
global configuration into their makefiles for setting global default
parameters for VDR and plugins. The best order would be to call such a
Make.global before calling an existing Make.config, so that Make.config
can still override these rules.

Until then, the only way is to add some version dependent defines before
calling Make.config.

By the way: The current newplugin script also doesn't add largefile
defines in case that no Make.config exists.

Cheers,

Udo