[vdr] Restricting a particular dvb card from tuning to channels with a selected modulation

Petri Helin phelin at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 28 23:15:48 CET 2009

Hi,

I have an USB DVB-C card (Reddo dvb-c, actually a relabelled Tongshi
box), which works very well with the current Linux driver excluding
channels with QAM-256 modulation. Would it be easy to check
FE_CAN_QAM_256 in vdr before trying to use a device to tune to a
particular channel? In such a case I could deactivate FE_CAN_QAM_256 in
the drivers. I am using VDR 1.7.9, if it makes a difference.

Of course at the moment the proper solution would be to modify the
channels.conf to se a preselected card to tune to a particular channel,
but in this case there are two drawbacks with it. 1) I have more than
one card that I can use for QAM-256 channels and would like to use them
all, and 2) channels woth QAM-256 are also encrypted and I have yet to
figure out how to set both the CA code and the number of the card in the
"Conditional access" parameter in the channels.conf.

Actually now that I think of it... How about separating the explicit
card selection and conditional access by introducing a new paremeter in
the channels.conf that could be used to preselect the card(s) that can
tune to the selected channel?

-Petri