[vdr] merging correctly several .ts files to a single ts file or better mkv

Eric Valette Eric.Valette at Free.fr
Thu Apr 1 13:23:44 CEST 2010

> Where do you take that time offset value from?
I play the simplified ts file using smplayer -ss is the start in the ts
file, -t is the duration to add
to the -ss value (I would have prefered the absolute end avoiding a
substract...).
> I'm also working on such
> kind of scripts right now, because I want to remux especially HD
> recordings to MKV. In the case of movies broadcasted by ARD HD or ZDF HD
> (720p at 50Hz), they are full of so-called filler-NALUs, which can be
> removed just by muxing into MKV not directly by ffmpeg, but by mkvmerge,
> which shrinks a 10GB movie to about 3GB.
You mean you extract the various component (audio, video) into separate
files
and then reassemble them using mkvmerge?
> My problem is still A/V sync,
> all the original TS chunks (I also record into 200MB pieces, because of
> fast editing in VDR) show video delays for each audio track of over 1
> second, which is also very noticeable ion the final converted MKV. The
> delays are reported both by tsMuxeR and mediainfo see for example the
> "Video delay" value below:

Yes I know this is why the "async 2, (+ vsync 2 for récent ffmpeg
version)" is there. Without them I have the audio and the video out of
sync just like you.

ffmpeg -y -i simplified1.ts  -vcodec copy -sameq -acodec copy -vsync 2 -async 2  -f matroska 1.mkv

I'll post the mediainfo on the ts and mkv when back at home.

-- eric