[vdr] Restricting a particular dvb card from tuning to channels with a selected modulation

Teemu Rantanen tvr at iki.fi
Sat Apr 3 13:38:54 CEST 2010

Hi,

I bought a Reddo dvb-c usb card last week and wanted to make it a backup
card without a risk of it accidentally tuning into QAM256 channel and
spitting out garbage. It seems to be quite good value for money in Finland
if you want dvb-c usb card and don't need QAM256.

I followed this conversation through but as it seems there is no support for
not using QAM256 in the driver nor in the VDR I decided to make a short
patch for VDR.

**WARNING** This patch was written in quite short time and it's not a good
example of clean code, but it works (for me) and will be useful for anyone
with Reddo card having QAM256 channels. It will be obsolete if/when QAM256
disable is done "the right way" (by asking the driver), but until then...
Please try it out and let me know if there is a problem with it.

The patch is available here:

http://tvr.dy.fi/vdr/vdr-1.7.14-DisableReddoQAM256.diff

Teemu