[vdr] Ring Buffer Overflow with streamdev

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Mon Apr 12 20:49:02 CEST 2010

> Приветствую, Simon
>
> may be you will happy with
> http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/branches/pvr-testing2/xbmc/pvrclients/vdr-vnsi/vdr-plugin-vnsiserver?rev=29133

Is this likely to replace the XBMC streamdev interface?  I can find very
little on the web about this "vnsi" and there's few helps or documentation
yet.

First attempt, I'm getting these errors on the VDR console with vnsi:
NSI Server started
Client with ID 0 connected: 127.0.0.1:34215
Welcome client '' with protocol version '1'
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR Action - processPacket exited with fail
ERR read - cxSocket::read: read() error at 0/4
ERR Action - THREAD ENDED--------------------------------
Client with ID 0 seems to be disconnected, removing from client list

I can see recordings on the VDR server, but the above errors occur when I
try and watch live-TV.

I'm starting VDR with just -P'vnsiserver'

What does "processPacket exited with fail" mean?