[vdr] EPG background scan and corrupted recordings

Jaakko Hyvätti jaakko at hyvatti.iki.fi
Thu Apr 22 04:41:03 CEST 2010

Hi,

I tried to search but did not find this mentioned.  I enabled EPG scan,
and started getting garbled recordings.  Looking at the recorded 00*.ts
files, they contain ASCII text from EPG.  Problem solved, set the
background updates to 0 again.

This is with 1.7.13 and 1.7.14, and two TT full DVB-C cards.

I think the same happened with earlier generations of vdr, I vaguely
recall disabling the background scan because of this years ago also.

Regards,
Jaakko