[vdr] Remote xineliboutput crashes when scaling

Mr Tux tuxoholic at hotmail.de
Sat Apr 24 16:57:24 CEST 2010

Hi Petri
Hello list

Bug #2952110 covered it for me - I had this segfault for quite a while now. I
simply switched sw-scaling off after I didn't find a solution and no bug report
either.

Now I recompiled with gcc 4.3 and CC=gcc-4.3 in Make.config and sw-scaling runs
fine again :-)

@Petri; you still need this make output of xine_post_swscale.c to dig into
this problem? I attached the whole make output of xineliboutput with gcc 4.4
from Ubuntu/karmic 32bit repositories (gcc 4:4.4.1-1ubuntu2)

If you need more information other than what you already got from the bug
tracker just tell me so, I'll gladly support you with more info.

@Sami: As a quick fix / workaround for this compiler related bug I recommend
using gcc 4.3.1 from the Ubuntu repositories (aptitude install gcc-4.3)
then modify the CC line in Make.config from CC=gcc to CC=gcc-4.3

After that run make again, now you should be able to activate sw-scaling and
use in on channels with smaller resolution than 720x576.