[vdr] vdr-1.7.15 problem with TV

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sun Aug 1 21:40:02 CEST 2010

> Hi,
> Ok, I use xineliboutput and vdr-xione here with no errors under
> vdr-1.7.15.
> If you have then check you xine-lib installation and the used
> videodriver.
> Sorry no other idea.
> Br.
> halim

I'm pretty sure it's not xine-lib related.

I also have a FF card (TT-2300) which I run with no plugins - and get the
same problem.

Summary of problem:
- vdr-1.7.12 or newer I get 3 seconds (or so) of live TV before
"SetPlayMode: 0", blank screen, sequence of "channel not available", then a
few seconds of TV (repeats)
- system has TT-1501 abd TT-2300 cards
- usage of vdr-xine-0.9.3 or not makes no difference.  i.e. TT-2300 FF card
has same problem with no vdr-xine loaded.

- vdr-1.7.11 or older does not show this fault.  i.e.  vdr-1.7.9 and
vdr-1.7.10 work 100% perfect.