[vdr] check cam status [writing plugin help needed]

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Sat Aug 7 01:28:47 CEST 2010

>> Ideally, I'd like a way to "ask vdr" the status of the CAM from a script.
>> I know this is available on the OSD by going into the "SETUP > CAM" menu
>> where the CAM is displayed as "CAM Ready", "CAM Present" or "Alhpacrypt"
>> but I need to do this outside the OSD.
>
> Anyone have any ideas how to do this?

I'd like to write a plugin which can provide the displayed Setup>CAM status
via an SVDRP command, and maybe check the CAM menu can be accessed.

As a beginner to such things, can someone help?

I want to use svdrpdemo as the starting point.  What else do I need to
include in this?
#include "menu.h"
#include "svdrpservice.h" (from femon plugin)
??

If I pull some of the following from menu.c I think this should give me what
I want:

Get list of availablecams:
void cMenuCam::GenerateTitle(const char *s)
{
  SetTitle(cString::sprintf("CAM %d - %s", camSlot->SlotNumber(), (s && *s)
? s : camSlot->GetCamName()));
}

Get the CAM status (being Ready, Present, -, or "Alphacrypt" etc:
bool cMenuSetupCAMItem::Changed(void)
{
  char buffer[32];
  const char *CamName = camSlot->GetCamName();
  if (!CamName) {
     switch (camSlot->ModuleStatus()) {
       case msReset:   CamName = tr("CAM reset"); break;
       case msPresent: CamName = tr("CAM present"); break;
       case msReady:   CamName = tr("CAM ready"); break;
       default:        CamName = "-"; break;
       }
     }
  snprintf(buffer, sizeof(buffer), " %d %s", camSlot->SlotNumber(),
CamName);
  if (strcmp(buffer, Text()) != 0) {
     SetText(buffer);
     return true;