[vdr] frequent xine crashes with vdr

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Sun Aug 15 13:19:25 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 15.08.2010 11:21, schrieb martinez at embl.de:

> I start vdr and xine and all looks nicely and I zap channels a couple of
> times without problems and the 3rd time or so xine freezes and I need to
> restart it

Which video output driver do you use? vdpau?

Would you be so kind a supply a backtrace of xine when the freeze
occurs? Run

	gdb xine `pidof xine`

and then at the gdb> prompt:

	thread apply all bt

Please make sure to have debug symbols installed so that the
backtrace shows reasonable function names and source locations.

> Could someone point out what is the likely culprit? Does vdr+xine run
> stable on 64 bits?

I think so.

> uname -r  2.6.34-ARCH

rnissl at corei7:~> uname -a
Linux corei7 2.6.34-12-desktop #1 SMP PREEMPT 2010-06-29 02:39:08
+0200 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I'm running openSUSE 11.3.

BTW: I've noticed a similar behaviour on my system since a few
days but I haven't managed to collect a backtrace though, because
xine-lib resolved the freeze on it's own.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de