[vdr] frequent xine crashes with vdr

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Sun Aug 15 20:46:38 CEST 2010

I am using Debian Lenny x64. The problems I see, I also see on my dad's
x32 system and have to do with problems between xine and vdpau, such has
when signal is corrupt vdpau messes with frame size and xine doesn't
seem to know how to deal with that. I also see the random lockups others
have reported where vdr buffer goes to 100%. Sometimes it clears and
sometimes it doesn't. That seems more likely to happen when changing
channels are using on screen menus. Video also sometimes goes into a
sort of freeze frame/slow motion and changing channels fixes that.