[vdr] Advice on new motherboard, xineliboutput, vdpau, hdmi video & audio, etc.

VDR User user.vdr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 18:29:26 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Seppo Ingalsuo <seppo.ingalsuo at iki.fi> wrote:
>>   Fanless, low power, and OS can be installed on SSD,
>> usb flash stick, Microdrive, SD(HC), CF, you name it.  They all have
>> usb adapters so that way your system will remain totally silent.
>
> True, my old IDE HDD is not compatible with new boards, so some flash
> based storage would be nice.

I've been using flash-based on a few of my systems for a few years now
and I've worked pretty much flawlessly.  Though on those I have never
ventured away from the ext2 filesystem since it has no journaling.
However, as cheap as they are now (usb sticks that is), it wouldn't be
a big deal to have a couple on stand-by in case on died.