[vdr] frequent xine crashes with vdr

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Aug 17 19:14:32 CEST 2010

Al 17/08/10 18:40, En/na VDR User ha escrit:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 12:45 AM, martinez<martinez at embl.de>  wrote:
>> Unfortunately I can not reproduce it anymore, because in the meantimeI installed a newer version of xine-lib and the problem disappeared.
>> What I notice is that using vdpau, on 28e BBC HD for example drops many frames (unwatchable, although cpu load remains low), whereas using xv the same channels plays perfectly
>> (although ITV1 HD even using xv drops some frames)
>> So for me it is xv for now as vdpau does not seem quite mature
>
> I read a lot of complaints about BBC HD.  That surely appears to be a
> problem channel.  However, vdpau is working great for many users,
> hopefully soon you'll be able to join us. ;)

BBCHD works perfectly with vdpau here, they changed the codec around
last June, but the vdpau developers fixed it.
Make sure you're using the hg repository for xine 1.2
http://hg.debian.org/hg/xine-lib/xine-lib-1.2

(though I last updated it last June).

Bye
--