[vdr] diseqc relay cascade

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Wed Aug 18 21:12:09 CEST 2010

Not sure if this is what you mean, But for an example, The dishnetwork
dual lnb has a switch in it and responds to F1/F5 vs a standard switch
which would be F0/F4. The standard switch will only respond to F0/F4
while I think the DN switch will respond to ether set. So Putting a DN
dual LNB on a standard 1x4 switch woudl look like this:

S110.0W 99999 R 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W25 [E0 11 38 F5]
S110.0W 99999 L 14350 t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W25 [E0 11 38 F5]

Because this is for a band stacked DishPro LNB, you change the LO to
select R/L and keep the voltage up. E0 10 38 F4 is the command for a
standard 1x4 switch to use the second port (ports are FO, F4, F8, FC).
Then you have a short pause to allow time for the first switch to select
that port. Then you send the second command. Not also the "t" for tone
control. You can stack a tone switch in also. Have it select between one
of 2 1x4 switches to get you 8 ports. You can only have 1 tome switch in
any given path because they can not be addressed. Ether you send tone or
you don't.

To stack switches you need what is called committed switches for the
secondary switch. They us a different address. If additional switches
are needed, make sure each in the string will pass commands not
addressed to them. As far as I know they all should.