[vdr] nvidia-vdr closed driver or open source?

Mikko Tuumanen mikko.tuumanen at utu.fi
Fri Aug 20 09:30:37 CEST 2010

to, 2010-08-19 kello 08:57 -0700, VDR User kirjoitti:
> Nouveau is that there are no plans to support VDPAU.  That drivers
> seems like a case of too little too late.

I've just tried to use a tnt2 card with the nvidia legacy drivers
because a couple of capacitors blew up on my newer card. It didn't work,
undefined symbol. Same thing with ati cards. For example my work
computer had an ati card and fglrx support for it went away before
warranty of the computer expired.

Open source drivers are needed so that old cards can be put to use even
after the manufacturer doesn't care to support them anymore.