[vdr] Advice on new motherboard, xineliboutput, vdpau, hdmi video & audio, etc.

jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com jori.hamalainen at teliasonera.com
Wed Aug 25 08:20:39 CEST 2010

>> If you can find a modeline what your output is currently using you can
>> use online services to check framerates it provides.

> "xvidtune -show" prints the current modeline, but the refresh rate
> calculated from it will not be the same as the actual rate.

My used modeline is (1080p60)
$ xvidtune -show -display :0.0
"1920x1080"   148.50   1920 2008 2052 2200   1080 1084 1089 1125 +hsync
+vsync

Which compiles to 60Hz output on theory level at epanorama calculator. If it
is
60.001Hz because of clock Inaccuracies the TV will synch to it, no problem.
As
I use my VDR's X-output only for TV-based web browsing with randon
youtube/vimeo.

However I am now at office, so I cannot use "get-edid" to read all modelines
TV is
announcing for PAL-modes/timings. And how Nvidia is altering the proposed
timigs
as horizontal synchs must be at multitude of 8 (so you cannot have f.ex
resolution
1924x1080).

- Jori