[vdr] diseqc relay cascade

Jiri Jansky janskj1 at fel.cvut.cz
Fri Aug 27 13:20:34 CEST 2010

Hi,
I read "Bus specification" http://www.eutelsat.com/satellites/4_5_5.html
and it isn't still clear for me.
My diseqc.conf file is slightly different from your example, so I
attached it to this mail.
There is example, where mini A and mini B command is used. But i didn't
find anything about this command in eutelsat documentation nor source
code (these commands are implemented as ioctl() in fronted source code
module).

Timothy D. Lenz napsal(a):
> Not sure if this is what you mean, But for an example, The dishnetwork
> dual lnb has a switch in it and responds to F1/F5 vs a standard switch
> which would be F0/F4. The standard switch will only respond to F0/F4
> while I think the DN switch will respond to ether set. So Putting a DN
> dual LNB on a standard 1x4 switch woudl look like this:
>
> S110.0W 99999 R 11250 t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W25 [E0 11 38 F5]
> S110.0W 99999 L 14350 t V W15 [E0 10 38 F4] W25 [E0 11 38 F5]
I don't understand why in our example F4 is port number, but in my
config file the last number is incrementig with next polarizationo/highband:
S23.5E  11700 V  9750  t v [E0 10 38 F0] W15 [E1 10 38 F0] W15 [E1 10 38
F0] W15 t
S23.5E  99999 V  10600 t v [E0 10 38 F1] W15 [E1 10 38 F1] W15 [E1 10 38
F1] W15 T
S23.5E  11700 H  9750  t V [E0 10 38 F2] W15 [E1 10 38 F2] W15 [E1 10 38
F2] W15 t
S23.5E  99999 H  10600 t V [E0 10 38 F3] W15 [E1 10 38 F3] W15 [E1 10 38
F3] W15 T
I would supposed, that if it's connected to one diseqc relay input, that
there will by same number everywhere.

> Because this is for a band stacked DishPro LNB, you change the LO to
> select R/L and keep the voltage up. E0 10 38 F4 is the command for a
> standard 1x4 switch to use the second port (ports are FO, F4, F8, FC).
> Then you have a short pause to allow time for the first switch to select
> that port. Then you send the second command. Not also the "t" for tone
> control. You can stack a tone switch in also. Have it select between one
> of 2 1x4 switches to get you 8 ports. You can only have 1 tome switch in
> any given path because they can not be addressed. Ether you send tone or
> you don't.
How can I use tone to stack switch(how to write diseqc.conf line)?
According eutelsat documentation tone is send after binary command in
bracket.

Now, I have 4 input diseqc switch controlled by line in attached
diseqc.conf file. According manufacturer
(http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?page=products&id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=19&id=62)
this switch is controlled from a receiver with "Position" and "Option"
commands. According table in chapter 8.3. Command Byte of eutelsat
docuemntation positon and option commands are numberes 22, 23, 26, 27.
But these commands aren't use in my diseqc. Instead it is used 38
command which mean "write too commited switches". But again I don't know
what is "commited" and "uncommited" switch.

> To stack switches you need what is called committed switches for the
> secondary switch. They us a different address. If additional switches
> are needed, make sure each in the string will pass commands not
> addressed to them. As far as I know they all should.

So, I have commited switch (and don't know what is mean). Now i want to
buy one two-input-diseqc-relay and put it between dvb-s card and
four_input-diseqc relay. Which one two-input-diseqc-relay I should buy?
The one controlled by position, or one controlled by option
(http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?page=products&id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=19&id=61)?
And how diseqc.conf line will look like? And how to not interference
with postiono/option command of four-input-diseqc-relay? I can buy this
one
two-input-diseqc-relay(http://www.emp-centauri.cz/products.php?page=products&id_kateg=5&id_pkateg=15&id=238),
  that can be controlled by postion or tone-burst commad. But still
don't know, how to write diseqc line for it  and how to don't
interference with position command of four-input diseqc-relay with
position commad of this two-input-relay.

Can anybody help me with this questions?