[vdr] diseqc relay cascade

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Fri Aug 27 21:02:18 CEST 2010

After looking back at the specs I am a bit confuse about "commited" and
"uncommited" also. I thought a standard port was uncommited, but 38 is
what I have been using. Someone else may need to jump in, but the 4
commands for the 4 ports for my switch are

[E0 10 38 F0]
[E0 10 38 F4]
[E0 10 38 F8]
[E0 10 38 FC]

The chart in the pdf for yours indicates maybe F0,F1,F2,F3 is correct
for yours. you will have to just test and see.

As for the stacking, Looks like you have "universal" lnb. They cover a
wider band then a standard and do it in 2 steps. It should have a 22Khz
switch built in and you select between lo and hi with the tone command
(t/T) wwhich you have at the end of your lines.

Horizontal and vertical polarities are selected with the voltage (v/V).
Band stacked LNBs switch by changing the local oscillator only. You
don't have a BS lnb. I would recommend simplifying your commands and
first working out which address are used (0,4,8,C or 0,1,2,3). Then if
you have problems with it not always switching, you look at repeating
the commands.

S23.5E  11700 V  9750  t v [E0 10 38 F0] W15 t
S23.5E  99999 V  10600 t v [E0 10 38 F4] W15 T
S23.5E  11700 H  9750  t V [E0 10 38 F8] W15 t
S23.5E  99999 H  10600 t V [E0 10 38 FC] W15 T

Also, S23.5E ?? You can't see that sat from north america. The best you
could hope for is around 30-40w to around 150-160w and that is iffy.