[vdr] Advice on new motherboard, xineliboutput, vdpau, hdmi video & audio, etc.

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Fri Aug 27 19:22:03 CEST 2010

Sorry to jump in on this, but I wonder if people could suggest what the
settings should be in xineliboutput plugins options?

I have just upped my card from an 8400 to an N210 with 512MB ram in
order to get 1080i/60hz interlacing working.  It's an improvement, but I
think I still have somewhere to go.

I am using a Eurospec TV although am trying to use it at 60hz (I moved
to the US from Italy) via a DVI to HDMI cable.  I have two modelines,
which I switch by my remote using the xrandr command, 720p60 looks
better, but I think I should using 1080i

I have two ATSC card which show 720p60 and 1080i60 and a Hauppuage PVR
HD and the pvrinput plugin, this I use to show HD content from a cable
box.  That I can select to either 1080i or 720p.  Most of the content is
originally broadcast in 1080i.

I am using

ModeLine "1920x1080i60" 74.18 1920 2008 2052 2200 1080 1084 1094 1124
+HSync +VSync Interlace
and
Modeline "1280x720_60" 74.48  1280 1336 1472 1664  720 721 724 746
-HSync +Vsync

X won't display the correct resolution by default, as my edid is messed
up on my TV.

What deinterlacing options should I use on the plugin?  Bob?  TVTime
then scaler Bob?  Judder correct etc etc?

Most SD stuff here is badly done 4:3, with stations like BBC America
adding black bars to the top and bottom, so I get a square in the middle
of the TV.  Xineliboutput can zoom this quite well, but after a while
the whole picture judders until I kill vdr-sxfe and reload it.

Do I need FFMpeg to work alongside it or will that kill vdpau?

Thanks..

--

Rob Davis