[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Timothy D. Lenz tlenz at vorgon.com
Mon Dec 6 17:37:53 CET 2010

I'm seeing two different things talked about here. One is not to scan
EPG data on some channels and that does seem like something that belongs
in the channels.conf. I use the web vdradmin and epg search for shows to
record can be limited to a range of channels but they must be grouped
together which could be a problem.

The other is updating list of channels and channel info. This IS a
problem for me as I want it to update ATSC channels, but my sat dish is
on a rotor and vdr starts scanning before the dish gets to postition
causing it to add channels that are not there and mess up information
for channels that are.