[vdr] EPG DB discussion (was Re: Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan)

Eric Valette eric.valette at free.fr
Sun Dec 12 22:27:07 CET 2010

On 12/12/2010 22:02, VDR User wrote:

> (Btw, Klaus has made it clear VDR was never intended to be a
> server/client system.  Maybe at some point it will address that need
> in a well-thought out way but as it stands now I'm not so sure it's a
> good basis for argument.)

On the other hand, with streamdev server, vnsi server, we are
approaching the client server mode.

I think the real question for selecting a database are:
	1) do I need a SQL interface,
	2) do I need a client server model,

sqlite is in use in 200MHZ mips router/ Tokyo/Kyoto cabinet can do less
but consume even less.

--eric