[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Tue Dec 14 21:20:43 CET 2010

Al 13/12/10 11:34, En/na Steffen Barszus ha escrit:

> That was my point in the beginning. Then: I want to see sqlite3 being
> less efficient on insert and fetch or memory consumption. I can not
> imagine it (prove me wrong! ;)). Last but not least i don't think any
> user would even notice any difference in behaviour. I think the low
> end would be PIII 700 (SMT7020s/S100) or ARMv5(sheeva/dockstar)
> recently.

I'd say that the performance would be better.
Right now I have a recording going on. If I press the "up" channel past
the last channel on the same transponder, vdr is unresponsive for ~30
seconds.
I guess that sqlite, with a well formulated query and the right indexes,
would take a fraction of a second to realize that there are no more
channels in the same transponder.

Bye.
--
Luca