[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Tue Dec 14 21:46:52 CET 2010

Am 14.12.2010 20:20, schrieb Steffen Barszus:
> 1.) Klaus doesnt like it, also does not like to make it possible to do
> it in a plugin.

Actually, no one stops you from doing lots of things from within a
plugin. The EPG system of VDR has even a multithread safe interface, so
you could constantly scan for changes and propagate your own changes.
Keeping some SQL database synced two-way should be possible.

> 2.) Some have a deep hate against any SQL solution.

hehe... well not hate, but for all I did with sql by now, it always was
a bit clumsy, and needed more extra coding than I would have liked.

Once I've even wrote a mini high speed in-between database buffer, as no
networked sql database would guarantee reaction times of fractions of
mili-seconds, as I needed.

Cheers,

Udo