[vdr] Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Jouni Karvo Jouni.Karvo at iki.fi
Wed Dec 15 20:57:57 CET 2010

I don't understand what would be easy in using SQL.  Since the
channels.conf-code is already there,
and pretty stable, then obviously rewriting that to SQL is not "easy",
but instead additional work.
Justifying additional work needs some reason.

I think adding dependencies to outside packages is a burden that should
be avoided.  There are
already many things I need to install separately in order the vdr box to
work; kernel, graphics
drivers, and xine-lib.  Luckily, lirc is now already part of the kernel,
and DVB drivers, too; much
less hassle than before.  This is the right direction to go - not adding
more moving parts that need
to be installed (with compatible versions).

yours,
         Jouni